American College of Surgeons
This app was developed for the American College of Surgeons alongside their seminal course, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS). ATLS has trained more than 1.5 million participants in more than 75,000 courses around the world.
ATLS provides the essential information and skills for doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to identify and treat life-threatening injuries under the extreme pressures of the trauma environment. The international nature of the program means that the content is adaptable to a variety of geographic, economic, social, and medical practice situations.
Whether in a hospital trauma bay, on the highway at a motor vehicle crash, in a disaster area after a bombing, or in a foreign country’s war zone, clinicians need ready access to critical resources and references. The content and skills presented in this app will add to the armamentarium of doctors and other clinicians who treat trauma patients.
Additional content can be purchased to instantly gain full access to the following:
- Interactive visuals, such as treatment algorithms and x-ray identification
- Just in Time video segments capturing key skills in minutes
- Calculators, such as pediatric burn calculator and the Parkland
- Formula to determine fluid administration
- Animations, such as airway management and surgical cricothyroidotomy